SFNY - SERVICES
Biology testing for Soil, Compost and Compost Tea
- Bacteria and Fungi Package - Assays the total amounts and currently active amounts of
bacteria and fungi in your soil, compost or compost tea. This test provides us with the needed
information to develop a basic program to fix soil imbalances.
In tea and compost samples this information allows us to direct you to make a better quality
product for the plants in your care, or how to use the current product most successfully. This
test will determine compost maturity.
- Total Foodweb Package - Includes the above tests plus mycorrhizal colonization (soils only,
not compost or tea), and the predatory microbes: protozoa and nematodes. Nematodes are
identified to genus, and listed by functional group. This test serves as the blueprint to create
detailed, specific soil health programs that will create the best growing conditions for your
plants. This test also tells you how much plant available nitrogen will be cycled by the
predatory microbes in your soil during the next 3 months.
- Individual Assays - All individual tests included in the packages can be chosen separately.
- Qualitative Assay - Can be performed on soil, compost and compost tea. Although this test
doesn't quantify the specific amounts/biomass of organisms in your sample, it will
inexpensively give you a general look at the presence of bacteria, fungi, protozoa and
nematodes in your sample. Each organism group is given a rating from: Not Detected to Very
High. A specific program isn't developed from this assay.
- Leaf Organism Assay - This test looks at the coverage of active, aerobic bacteria and fungi
that are currently colonizing the leaf surface of your plants. This assay can be a key tool in a
foliar program of compost teas and microbial amendments.
Consulting services are available for:
- Training you and your staff;
- To help you apply organic soil/plant management practices successfully;
- For compost and compost tea production;
- Seminars and workshops can be scheduled.
- Hourly or daily consulting rates can be booked.